Information about the processing of user data
Treatment manager: The data incorporated in this web page / platform «Flosbcn.cat» (the «Platform») will be treated by the City Council of Barcelona as responsible for processing.
Address. Plaça Sant Jaume, 1. Barcelona 08002
- Personal information. Recompile the data indicated in the user registration form (email, username, which are mandatory) and in your user profile (name, surname, profession, affiliation, associated projects, professional location, etc., which are voluntary ) and activity on the platform (posted content, likes and follows, announcements, events, etc.).
- By uploading content (topics, events, etc.), we collect and publish any personal data included in the content, and we associate your user name as the author of the content.
- Technical data. The platform server collects the IP address and connectivity data and activity on the platform, data that is kept maximum two years.
Purposes: The data will be treated with the following purposes:
- Manage user activity to the Platform and relations with the user and between users.
- Publish your profile and the contents that you publish in the Platform.
- Promote the ICT sector in the Barcelona area and the ecosystem of entities, companies, professionals and other stakeholders interested in free software and open data («FLOSS»)
- Get in touch and manage professional and commercial relationships with potential collaborators and providers of ICT services specialized in the field of free software and open data.
- Initiate common activities in this field and propose activities and events focused on the ICT sector and free software
- Create and publish a map of the actors of the Free Software ecosystem and publish a platform with information, materials, events and communication spaces to stimulate ecosystem relations.
- Publish, send and share information about the ICT / FLOSS sector, users of the Platform and the general public, stay informed about these issues, show ads, and allow users to share this information through the Platform.
- Through the notices, the sending of technical notifications about the platform, as well as about topics and events that you have done "follow".
- Analyze and prepare reports and statistics on the ICT sector dedicated to FLOSS, the actors of the ecosystem, and on the activities of users of the Platform (in aggregate form).
- Investigate, respond and resolve doubts and problems related to the Platform; and for security reasons and investigation of possible criminal activities and infractions of our legal conditions.
Legal base. The legal basis of the treatment is your informed consent given through your registration as a user of the Platform, as well as the legitimate interest of the Barcelona City Council to promote the free software professional sector in Barcelona and its region, and the ICT sector in general, and identify and interact with potential collaborators and suppliers.
Electronic communications. Likewise, when you register and click on the box, you correspond to the registration form, you consent to receive electronic communications about the initiative of Barcelona to promote the free software ecosystem in Barcelona and its surroundings and invitations to events on this sector and theme , as well as receive in a general way the bulletin that the City Council will establish in the framework of this initiative.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, by going to the address indicated below, as well as in each of the communications.
Data communication. The data will be shared with the following entities and categories of people, for the aforementioned purposes
- The Municipal Institute of Computing
- Other dependent entities of the BCN City Council
- Other members of the free software community of Barcelona, including universities, public entities, companies of the sector and professionals, through the communications of this platform.
- To the general public: The identification and professional contact data of their profile, as well as any content published by the user (comments, etc.), will be public on this platform established to promote the community and free software ecosystem in Barcelona.
- To the public authorities in case of investigation and other disclosures required by law or administrative or judicial procedure; or other circumstance for the purpose of defending the interests of the Barcelona City Council and the members of this community.
Access. Your data will be accessed by the service providers of the City Council, for the provision of their services (boosting the platform, computer hosting, mailing, etc.) for the purposes indicated here, under contract with the appropriate guarantees under the law.
Conservation. The data will be processed and maintained until you request the cancellation and / or elimination of the same. In case of publishing the contact data in this platform, it offers a mechanism to eliminate the data (modifying or eliminating the user profile). When requesting the withdrawal, your data will be blocked and retained during the term of legal responsibilities (normally 6 years). However, except in the case of a specific request, the comments and other content already published in the Platform will be maintained, in order to guarantee the integrity of the contents of the Platform. With express request, we will try to anonymize the published comments, and remove other contents published by the user.
User rights. You can exercise your rights established by law, access, rectification, restriction and limitation, cancellation and, where appropriate, opposition to your personal data by written communication addressed to info (at) flossbcn.org. You must specify what right you request to be satisfied and, in turn, the City may request that you send a photocopy of the ID or equivalent identification document.
The supervisory authority is the Catalan Agency for Data Protection in http://apdcat.gencat.cat/en/
More information. For more information, consult https://seuelectronica.ajuntament.barcelona.cat/ca/proteccio-de-dades